If you are shooting in our woods on your own, you will be classed as a ‘Lone Archer’ and as such you must adhere to the contents of this policy document to be covered by your NFAS insurance.
- Whenever possible, you should be with one other person whist in the wood. If not another shooting archer, then a family member over 16
- Take extra precautions when traversing slopes and narrow tracks.
- Do not come to the woods if you are not in good health.
- Always have a fully charged mobile phone with you. It must be web enabled – see below
- Make sure you are prepared for all weather conditions, in terms of clothing, headgear and footwear and in terms of fluids in warm weather.
- Take extra care when handling your equipment and knives or other tools that you may carry.
- Take particular care when shooting in high winds, especially if shooting off the rock or when shooting the Gorilla.
- Where possible inform a family member of your whereabouts, the time you are intending to shoot and the time you intend to finish and contact them when back in your car.